Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:34:58PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Documentation mentions su -c "command" all over the place. You have to
> consider whether you want to mention sudo or su or both if this is made
> a option. Dismissing concerns as poor without being involved is pretty
> easy. Documentation is far from the only concern with adding more options.

We could easily set up the sudoers file like this:

  a) for wheel-group members, auth-as-self.
  b) for non-wheel-group-members, sudo prompts for the *root* password.

Then, 'su -c "command"' could be replaced with "sudo command" in the
documentation and would be correct in both cases. And since sudo has several
advantages over 'su -c', this is a win-win.