Re: 586 kernels.

On 6/21/07, Alan Cox <alan redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 05:42:24PM -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> I'm thinking about getting a new box anyway (it's an old not-quite-C3
> with some odd Biblean-sounding codename, chugging along at 800MHz).
> With less than 40 users, it's just not worth it. I'm surprised though,
> I thought VIA was more popular than that.

It is a good deal more popular than that (although the 686 compatible but
not gcc 686 compatible ones are the older ones generally)

Unless Dave can publish data sets and a methodology for his count (and given
even the big marketing companies can't do it I want to see this) we should
assume he made up a number to justify killing it cos he finds it a hassle
to maintain.

Alan

The 38 comes from Smolt:

http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/stats

Did someone say it isn't always detected correctly?

--
On Tap: HopZilla and a Belgian Tripel
Fermentating: Imperial English Pale Ale