Re: KDE suggestions for Fedora 8 and beyond

Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> There is already someone who was porting adept to fedora.

That someone is the author of Adept himself, who happens to work for Red Hat:
http://people.redhat.com/prockai/
:-)
I don't know what happened to either mornfall.net or the apt-rpm port of Adept
though.

> My wish item for fedora kde would be :
> * one click rpm installation with konqueror (just like in firefox) :)
> that will help some newbies, since dependencies are met automatically.

This is just a matter of assigning the RPM MIME type to
system-install-packages. It should happen automatically with KDE 4 now that
it's using the same shared-mime-info data GNOME is using.

        Kevin Kofler