KDE suggestions for Fedora 8 and beyond

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 24 02:03:23 UTC 2007

On 6/24/07, ne... wrote:
> > 1.  QT-Frontend for YUM
> >         There are lots of good GTK frontends for yum (pirut, yumex) but there aren't
> > really any good QT frontends for yum.  There is kyum but it's certainly
> > lacking in comparison to yumex.  I think a QT version of yumex could be real
> > nice and it could cut down on GTK dependencies in KDE, maybe?  Another
> > suggestions would be to port Adept from Kubuntu or Debian.
> You need to code that and submit it.
>
> > 2.  KDE Update Notifier
> >         Maybe a frontend for pup in QT or adept-updater?
> See remark above.

There is already someone who was porting adept to fedora. But however
their site is dead right now:

http://web.mornfall.net/blog/adept_2.2_on_fedora.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-April/msg00321.html

My wish item for fedora kde would be :
* one click rpm installation with konqueror (just like in firefox) :)
that will help some newbies, since dependencies are met automatically.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com