Re: X Crasher in todays rawhide

Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
Hi,

I pushed the new core X fonts packages yesterday and they appear in
todays rawhide.  They now use the catalogue font path mechanism, where
the package adds a symlink to the font dir in /etc/X11/fontpath.d and
the X server automatically picks up the new fonts.  The symlinks name
can contain attributes such as :unscaled to prevent scaling bitmap fonts
or :pri=10 to control the search order.

However, there's a bug in the libXfont package in rawhide, that crashes
when comparing symlinks with no attributes.  I'd suggest either skipping
the rawhide upgrade today, avoiding xorg-x11-fonts-*, or do the upgrade
and the pull the new libXfont builds manually:

Kristian

Thanks for the link! The new lib fixes it.
Richard