Re: portage vs yum

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:14:47PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> What happens is that gentoo ebuilds are written with less care to
> integration than fedora specfiles, that whats make them easier to
> write in my opinion.

Oh puh-leeze.  "Fedora has less packages than Gentoo because the
gentoo developers do a crappy job" is kindergarden-level
justification.  I use both gentoo and fedora on a regular basis and
they're both integrated, only differently.  How many packages are
available is a function of:

- infrastructure capability (a source distribution does not need a
  compile cluster)

- developers responsiveness (reviewing, QA, ...)

- apparent ease of adding new packages for new potential contributors

If you want more packages in Fedora (which is not a given), act on
these points and especially the last two.

  OG.