Re: portage vs yum

Thufir wrote:

Not to flog a dead horse, but isn't loose integration preferable to tight integration?

I guess that may be down to personal preference, but I'd opt for tight integration.

Unless you're trying to squeeze a millisecond out of something, I don't see the advantage.

Isnt that often a reason touted by Gentoo users as to why they love portage because they can shave a few milliseconds by rolling their own?

--
Ian Chapman.