Re: portage vs yum

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 18:03:02 Thufir wrote:
> Unless you're trying to squeeze a millisecond out of
> something, I don't see the advantage.  Of course, I don't build rpm's
> either.

"Integration" isn't about speed.  It's about ensuring that the software works
together, that it has been built with the right options to enable the desired
features, that the features /work/ as expected, etc...

It's the kind of work we do to work towards a single dictionary system instead
of one for each app (still working on this...)

It's the kind of work we do to try and make each desktop application use the
same file selection tools, themes, etc...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora