Re: RFE: Use generic names in packages

On Thursday 28 June 2007 23:05:32 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Do you want me to define silly or give an example where I consider it
> silly? I think trying to rename Fedora Directory Server at this point
> would be silly as opposed to the above request which I consider valid.
> Do you disagree with that request or the general idea or both?

I think it should be examined at a case by case basis.  If the content of a
file is not "Fedora" specific then maybe it should be named generically.  But
if it /is/ Fedora specific, well then...

I don't think we should be putting a lot of effort into disguising the fact
that these things are derived from Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora