Re: RFE: Use generic names in packages

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thursday 28 June 2007 23:05:32 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Do you want me to define silly or give an example where I consider it
silly? I think trying to rename Fedora Directory Server at this point
would be silly as opposed to the above request which I consider valid.
Do you disagree with that request or the general idea or both?

I think it should be examined at a case by case basis. If the content of a file is not "Fedora" specific then maybe it should be named generically. But if it /is/ Fedora specific, well then...

Right but Fedora directory server isn't really Fedora specific. I can very well run it under any distribution.

I don't think we should be putting a lot of effort into disguising the fact that these things are derived from Fedora.

That is not what I am requesting.

Rahul