Re: kernel support for VE's (OpenVZ / Linux-vServer)

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 29 June 2007 12:35:05 Gerry Reno wrote:
Do you know when they will make it in the upstream kernel?

Magic 8 ball says....
LOL :-)

Seriously some of these may never make it in. It all depends on the motivations of the teams producing these things.

I've been trying to follow some of the discussion on 'linux-kernel' about all this 'partitioning' and 'containers' related to openvz and linux-vserver but I couldn't really get a sense of when something might come of this. So I guess I was looking if someone knew of a target date. I couldn't find any.