printer works in FC3

Just thought I'd ask in a different way.  My Samsung ML-2510 driver installed
fine in FC3, and works fine from FC3.  Because it's a proprietary driver,
there's no way to really say why it won't work in Fedora 7 and a different
driver must be used?  It's basically "refer to samsung" for using their printer
driver? else use splix, for example?  Changing distro's wouldn't resolve
whatever "broke" the samsung printer, I'm assuming, unless similarly old
versions are run.

-Thufir