Mail accounts in heterogeneous environments

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:25:45 UTC 2007

Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> - Are there some another solution for the support of "SPA against
> domain" by Linux MTA/pop/imap servers in Fedora?
>
> Regards,
> Dmitry Butskoy

Thank you for asking all of these questions. I am looking at doing a lot
of these and have not yet asked these. It seems a lot of software
(server) works with much of this, however, I would like to see
(hopefully in F8) the ability to do SPA like stuff on everything (client
and servers). Particularly, I would like to see the ability to have a
REAL cifs implementation. Right now, everything is done as the one who
mounted (or --user) the fs. Can we get an AD version of this so that
permissions get used and mapped as much as possible to Linux fs
permissions and so that the user who requests the operation is the user
used, not root, not --user, etc.?

I will mention more of these wishes later when I can be more specific
and succinct.

Trever