Re: kernel support for VE's (OpenVZ / Linux-vServer)

GR> I think the best approach would be to provide a VE framework in
GR> the kernel with an API that both OpenVZ and Linux-vServer (and
GR> anybody else) could use. Keep particular implementation details
GR> outside in loadable modules.

That is the approach taken, apart from the last line -- OpenVZ and
Linux-vserver will end up just being user space tools using a common
kernel interface. Rather like racoon and openswan these days, if you
don't apply the openswan KLIPS patch. They should not need separate
modules.

/Benny