Reduction of Fedora releases

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 17:16:36 UTC 2007

In an effort to make Bugzilla easier to use, we've been experimenting with not
creating new versions of Fedora for every test release.  Reason being is that
the typical response to a bug filed against a test release is a request to
duplicate it with the current development package set.  It also makes it
harder for a user to find dups of a bug they're about to file if they have to
search through N testN versions.  Instead we're asking all bugs encountered
in test releases to be filed against devel.  (yes you may still get asked to
repro with current devel packages, but at least the bug will be assigned to
the right release then).

I didn't communicate this experiment clearly last time around and an fc7test1
bugzilla version got created.  We're killing that and moving all the bugs to
the devel version.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora