Fedora safe/recovery mode

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Mar 7 05:26:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 08:34 -0500, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> The idea (elsewhere in this thread) of having a recovery root (which
> would probably be a busybox based system) on /boot is a good one, but it
> shouldn't have a password either, just a really "stern" warning not to
> do something stupid like, say, remove shared libraries.

My idea was to just take the rescue CD, and install it unmodified in
to /boot. Haven't got around to doing a proof of concept, its low on my
currently somewhat long todo list..

Anaconda may need a patch to make it look for stage2 on /boot for this
to work cleanly.

How hard is it to just build the rescue CD image by itself so it can be
packaged?