(no subject)

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Mar 7 05:37:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 19:51 +0100, Artur Bartek wrote:
> Hello,
> lately I found nice stuff
> http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php/Mac_Menubar_for_GNOME_and_Xfce , but
> I can't compile gtk2 with patch need for macmenu and I can't compile
> macmenu too;/ I think it's very good thing for the people who migrate
> from macosx to fedora ;] Maybe somebody will make a two little
> packages for fedora community ?:>

Awesome, I've been hoping someone would write a patch for this. IMHO
this UI paradigm has some major advantages. Like making "preloading" of
applications possible without it being a special case. (Which seems to
have some popularity on Windows...) Though for best results we need
something like the dock, as well as apps would probably be patched to
stay open if all its windows are closed if this mode is in use....