Translations: String freezes, CVS converging, Packaging

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 17:36:49 UTC 2007

> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 11:58:33 Karsten Wade wrote:
> > Can we look into automating this in some fashion?  Not for F7, but for
> > releases following?  Or is that not necessary?
>
> I'm usually against any sort of automated non interactive package builds,
> especially for something that will land in the collection for release.
> Notifications can be sent out and there could be tracking of build status,
> but the actual build should be done by the maintainer or co-maintainer.

OK, thanks.

> There are many projects that use elvis as their entire upstream.  anaconda,
> system-config-*, etc..  The source for the app and the translations are in
> the same place, and this is a very good and useful thing.  Any strategy
> around making translations better needs to have a goal of keeping the
> translation source and the application source in the same SCM.

OK, this was the part I didn't understand; I thought elvis CVS only held
translation files.

Our plan was to start by moving over documentation PO files to go with
the source in cvs.fedoraproject.org.  Then follow that with whatever
else we can.

What is the plan with moving these projects SCM to fedoraproject.org?
Not going to happen until after F7?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project