How does new F7 schedule affect Firefox

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Fri Mar 9 04:14:22 UTC 2007

Michel Salim <michel.salim <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Note that since RHEL4 is still supported and has FF 1.5, Red Hat will
> still have to maintain it anyway.

Not necessarily true. RHEL4 started with FF 1.0.x and then switched to 1.5.x
later. So, it may go to FF 2.x or even 3.x in the future.

That's kind of my point - why maintain old stuff and waste effort on that when
even the super stable RHEL is getting latest and greatest anyway. And, by going
with current "mainstream" FF we also get the latest stuff (let's face it - we
all want features :-). Two birds with one stone and all that...

But, since it's not going to be my time going into any of this, I'm cool with
any decision package maintainer(s) make.

--
Bojan