Announcing yum-merge-conf, a yum plugin to merge configuration files

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Tue Mar 13 06:52:42 UTC 2007

Neal Becker wrote:
> This sounds great!  I haven't looked at the code yet.

It's pretty trivial, you'll see

> Will it also ignore cases when the new config hasn't actually changed, and
> silently remove the redundant copy?  That would be really great.

If RPM created a copy, it means something has changed. The plugin just looks
for .rpmsave/.rpmnew files (depending if it's a %config or
a %config(noreplace))

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of
java that the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.