what makes a package get i386 on x86_64?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Thu Mar 15 22:10:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:38:46 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> I vaguely remember it being something about having a -devel package?

Yes.

Extras development: All i386 -devel packages (also virtual ones) and their
dependency chains are copied into the x86_64 repository unless the -devel
package is black-listed. Additionally, white-listed packages and their
dep-chains are copied.

For Extras <= 6 it's just the "wine" packages.

For Core I've heard about a white-list that is updated from time to time
and about ongoing work in the multi-lib area.