User directories integration - request for help

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:06:28 UTC 2007

This will probably be a totally stupid idea, but I have to mention it.

Why not dump everything in the home folder as standard and then use
that nautilus search folders thing to organise everything?

We can then, for example have a pictures search folder that lists all
pictures. A Documents folder that lists documents AND the picture
formats we think of as documents? i18n should not be  aproblem as only
a search folder is renamed (or just translated...), not a real folder.
It should clear up alot of messy situations,

The only issues I can see are if this idea is a little too gnome
centric, and resource usage.