noarch packages that arent applicable for ppc?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 18:29:33 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 13:50:07 Michael E Brown wrote:
>     How do I get a noarch package to stay out of the PPC repo?

You have to add an ExcludeArch to the package and rely upon ugly ugly hacks in
compose tools that look up the srpm for each noarch package to determine what
the Exclude/Exclusive arches are and adjust accordingly.

See my attempts at ending this insanity on fedora-maintainers.  I think we
either need to stop calling these things noarch since they rely on arch
specific things, or we need to patch rpm so that Exclude/ExclusiveArch is
propagated from the srpm to the resultant rpm.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora