User directories integration - request for help

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Mar 17 09:17:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 10:51:05PM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 21:49 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > Can you please point to a specific thread in the list archives ?
>
> Thread starts here
>
>  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-list/2007-February/009343.html
>
> and isn't that huge.

Still not something somebody not specifically interested in desktop
would like to read.

Well I read it, and first there doesn't seems to be an agreement on
everything. It seems that different approaches are advocated and that
there is dissension about localization.

What is much more annoying is that nobody said that the user dir
should not be cluttered with directories. And also having to discuss
about using UTF-8 or user locale encoding is, well, surprising.

Something I didn't exactly understood is how and when exactly those
directories are to be created. And what about other window managers
(fluxbox, icewm...)?

--
Pat