No shape and sync extensions in xorg?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Sun Mar 18 23:16:25 UTC 2007

Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 18:43 +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> [dennis at nexus ~]$ desktop-effects
>> compiz: No sync extension
>> [dennis at nexus ~]$ Xlib:  extension "SHAPE" missing on display ":0.0".
>> Xlib:  extension "SHAPE" missing on display ":0.0".
>>

> What video card and driver combination are you using?

I'm using the "nv" driver and the card (well, it's on-board) is identified
as "nVidia Corporation GeForce 6100 nForce 430".

Xorg says "Chipset Unknown NVIDIA chip found" in the log but except for
some graphical glitches it seems to work ok. Cursors don't get drawn
correctly and sometimes parts of the terminal text output appear a bit
bolder then regular text (though not bold as in "bold font", just a tiny
bit bolder as if the anti-aliasing is a bit off or there is some sort of
pixel/rounding error).

Regards,
   Dennis