Pre-release kernel versioning?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Mar 19 07:50:12 UTC 2007

On 19.03.2007 08:19, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 18:00 -0400, Michel Salim wrote:
>> Currently each Rawhide pre-release kernel reports as its version
>> number the version number of the previous stable version, rather than
>> the current version.
>> This sometimes causes problems with out-of-kernel modules
> I stopped caring here. [...]

@davej: This issue was discussed on FudCON Boston. Didn't you indicate
you might want to change it, so that a 2.6.foo-rc kernel actually gets
the proper version (e.g. 2.6.foo and not 2.6.(foo-1) )? Or did I got you
wrong here?

CU
thl (who really hates this version games, as it confused users a whole
     lot and breaks external modules for no good reasons afaics)