too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 19 10:36:07 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 15:21 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Extra - cpuspeed. mdmonitor, netfs, ntpd, portmap.
> No portmap => no nis, no nfs, no rpc.

Again, This live CD is meant for a desktop. You can always enable it if
you need it.

>> Default? - Possibly NetworkManagerDispatcher since
>> NetworkManager is enabled by default
> Disable this. It has never worked for me anywhere and is the first
> daemon I disable after FC installs.

You will have to look beyond just your personal consideration. It works
for me. Bug reports?

> You are scratching on the surface of a weak spot in Fedora.

I checked all the daemons and listing the ones find I found
unnecessarily enabled for a desktop. If there are more do list them
specifically. Vague comments are not helpful.

Rahul