too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Mar 19 13:53:05 UTC 2007

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> >> Anaconda, Kickstart, targeted and custom spins enable you to customize
> >> Fedora for individual situations. Don't they?
> > Once you have a system up, or if you already have a system up, yes,
> > there are means to customize, but during installation (esp. first time
> > installation) - no, to a large extend, this doesn't apply.
>
> What are you talking about?
Two examples:

* user management - There is no way to reserve uids before installation,
there is no way to custiomize nsswitch.conf, there is no way to
configure network'ed homes.

* kickstart is only a means for advanced users, who are familiar with
RH-based distros. It's not suiteable to "first-timers".

Ralf