OCFS2 and tools in FC.

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 11:15:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 17:09 +0900, Naoki wrote:
> OCFS2 made it into the mainstream kernel a while ago. But while Debian
> and SUSE ship OCFS2 tools, FC does not.
>
> Is this simply a case of nobody submitting them, or is there a license
> issue (nah, it's GPL) ?

perhaps you need somebody with a bit of knowledge about and willing to
support that file system?

> If the answer is the former then is there time to add them before FC7 ?

Nope, today is feature freeze.

> It's the only main line clustered file system and I'd like to run it
> through the gauntlet with my favourite OS.

Not true, GFS2 is in the kernel as well:

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_19

Its tools are included in Fedora.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759