Which unresolved bugs block a release?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Mar 22 18:00:53 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2007 12:29:42 John Poelstra wrote:
>> Has the project discussed or determined how we will:
>> 1) Close out the approximately 7,000+ open bugs?
>> 2) Handle future releases in a way that the backlog doesn't get so high?
>
> Do you have any ideas?  You're part of the projet.

This is something which has amazed / annoyed me too, I've tried several times
to start a community effort to something about this metric, but sofar with
little success.

These bugs fall into 2 categories:
1) Bugs which are simply being ignored by @redhat.com people who need to be hit
    with the cluebat (repeatedly)
2) Really really hard bugs (think xorg / kernel / hal /mkinitrd)

Most likely a lot of 1) bugs are already solved but never got closed /
retested, others should be taken upstream (and thus closed in Fedora BZ), etc.

/me thinks we really should do something about the category 1 bugs....

Regards,

Hans