rpms/ettercap/devel ettercap.spec,1.4,1.5

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Mar 27 10:17:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:28:10 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 09:59:35PM -0400, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > -Provides: ettercap-plugins <= %{version}
> > +Obsoletes: ettercap-plugins <= 0.7.3-14%{dist}
>
> I suggest hardcoding the %{dist} to what it was when the package was
> merged (so I guess it is fc7 here). For the fc6 and fc5 packages it
> is not as clear, but I guess that using fc7 too would be safer.

Questionable, albeit would serve as an ugly work-around. It would defeat
the purpose of the dist tag, since if you reused the spec for multiple
branches, it would make the fc5 package obsolete an fc7 package.

Though, the upgrade path from an updated old dist to a CD/DVD based copy
of a newer dist is broken for many packages anyway, as updates for old
branches are higher in EVR than the new dist prior to its online updates.