VESA driver hsync config problem

Ted X Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:45:12 UTC 2007

Correct x.log (which is a capture of stdout and stderr and not the real
log file,  Xorg.0.log) was a capture of the failure mode, no HorizSync
in the config file. I sent that because the GTK error message doesn't
get written to Xorg.0.log. So the scenario is the server seems to be
coming up just fine then the GTK error occurs and the server aborts.
The way I originally figured out to add HorizSync to the config file was
by debugging through the server and seeing a huge obviously invalid
value for the horizontal sync. What I'm going to do is go back and
figure out exactly where that value was coming from and hopefully that
will shed some light on the root of the problem.