Fedora 7 - features and obvious usability enhancements

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:15:37 UTC 2007

First of all, thank you all that have answered.

On 3/28/07, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> I have the deskbar applet active on my computer but:
> - it is a bit of a resource hog, which is not that good for a default;

Ok, here I agree - it is a bit of a hog. But at least installing it
should be the default, so users can easily enable it.

> - in my opinion it is not so friendly with new users

I demonstrated it to new users and they loved it. I just said that
this is where they do all the they want to do with setting ther new
linux desktop.
So if they want to setup firewall trey just type "firewall" and as if
by magic :) the firewall config shows up. Also for any other task like
deskop background - just type "background".
Ok, this should be tested more but by my experience it is really fenomenal.

> About usability, you may look at the Usability SIG page in the wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Usability

Thank you.