Re: hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Wednesday 28 March 2007 20:08:47 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> HP USB printers can be addressed by 2 ways:
> * the default CUPS usb:/ transport
> * the hplip hp:/ transport
> With the usb:/ transport, printing will work, but anything beyond that
> won't. (In particular, hp-toolbox doesn't list the printer if it's
> configured with a usb:/ URI.)

I guess my point here is that how is an end user supposed to know this, when
it isn't integrated correctly into the tool set we're putting out for
managing printers on the desktop.

When I said CUPS, i meant that generally, not specially using your
browser on port 631.

Going to http://localhost:631/, I can't help but notice that this page contains the trademarked logo of ESP as well as advertisement for their support and pro products :-)