Re: rpms/firmware-addon-dell/EL-4 .cvsignore, 1.2, 1.3 firmware-addon-dell.spec, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.2, 1.3

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Friday 30 March 2007 12:13:40 pm Michael E Brown wrote:

Firmware-addon-dell is a noarch package. So if you use "ExclusiveArch:
...", it fails to build. The reason I put in the ExcludeArch line was to
keep the compose scripts from dropping it into the ppc fedora repo. I am
perfectly happy to add additional excludearch directives if you send me a
patch.

Then its not a noarch package. while it does not compile it is arch specific and should be treated as such.

I recall debating this a bit in the Packaging committee... I think you're right, see,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo
"arch-specific script packages"

-- Rex