CD version gone?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue May 1 12:59:10 UTC 2007

dragoran wrote:
> Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> Is it possible to use pungi to create fc7 cds using fc6 and a fc7
>> repo? The docs state that it isn't. A LiveCD would be too small for my
>> purposes.
>>
>> What about yum upgrades?  I've done them for all my machines from FC3
>> onwards with minor hiccups.  Will the new PATA system cause me fstab
>> headaches?
>>
> only if you don't mount by label

I don't think that's right; the PATA drivers in FC7 are modules rather
than being compiled into the kernel, and will hence need an appropriate
entry in modprobe.conf making so that the initrd includes the necessary
module(s). Anaconda will do this but I don't think anything in the yum
upgrade process will take care of this.

Paul.