live F7 test4

Eric TANGUY Eric.Tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Tue May 1 18:31:02 UTC 2007

> Tanguy Eric wrote:
>> I just download the i386 gnome live version and it works fine. Mainly my
>> wireless ralink card work out of the box with networkmanager. I just try
>> it with broadcast and without security (wpa or wep) without broadcast it
>> can't associate. There is a lot of error messages in dmesg but it works
>> fine.
>
> Do file a bug report about this against network manager
I will file a bug report against network manager but i have another problem :
It seems my wireless card is known as an ethernet one so i can associate
with network manager. As my system is a desktop and i don't need to switch
network, i would like to disable network manager and use
system-config-network but it can't work as my card is known as an ethernet
one. My wireless card is a pci one :
02:08.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2500 802.11g Cardbus/mini-PCI (rev 01)
        Subsystem: SiteCom Europe BV Unknown device 9073
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 19
        Memory at fe000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

>> My main question is about mp3 and fluendo codec. I believed that when
>> you try to play a mp3 file something say to you some disclaimer and help
>> you to install free fluendo mp3 plugin but i found nothing. When i
>> installed this plugin i had to run a selinux command (chcon) to make it
>> usuable by totem. It's a shame.
>
> This particular feature is not available in Fedora 7. Once installed it
> should work properly. Bug report should be filed against selinux
> targeted policy.

I need to run :
chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstflump3dec.so
as setroubleshoot says.