Re: F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

Miles Lane wrote:
Hi,

I have a NVidia NV31 (GeForce FX 5600).
I booted the LiveCD, and it correctly configured the nv driver
and set the monitor resolution to 1600x1200.
Wanting to test Compiz, I opened System->Administration->Display.
From there, I selected Hardware->Configure and selected nouveau from the list.

Nouveau is nowhere near a state that it could run Compiz. More details at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureNouveau

Rahul