Corrupted display with Fedora 7 test 4 live, Intel 965 chipset and wide monitor

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at gmx.de
Wed May 2 11:12:53 UTC 2007

> Greetings,
> I tried the Fedora 7 test 4 KDE live CD on a workstation with
>
>   00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q963/Q965
> Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>
> and a
>
>   (II) I810(0): Monitor name: BenQ FP202W
>
> resulting in a visually corrupted display.

Try to set the driver in "xorg.conf" from "i810" to "intel". The latter works very well now with the 965Q integrated graphics. Occasionally, I encounter a horizontally compressed image with black borders above and below the picture in conjunction with a 19" monitor having 1280x1024 pixels. Resetting the "X" server helps in this case.
A 1920x1200 wide screen monitor gets detected and set up correctly in my case.