Re: F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

Christopher Stone wrote:

According to the original post of this thread, it is not as stable as
nv.  Does the nv driver render your virtual terminals busted or kill
your gnome session as stated in the original post?  If so, then the nv
driver is far more unstable than I had thought.

The spec is a bit outdated at this point. Things have moved ahead.

Not only should you add a note to the release notes,

Feel free to add notes in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Xorg

 you should
probably also add a Conflicts with compiz to try and put a minimal
amount of n00b protection in the package.

This is over the top, violates our packaging guidelines and is not very user friendly.

Rahul