Re: F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 12:32:38 Miles Lane wrote:
> Well, whatever got included in the F7T4 x86 LiveCD was busted.
> Maybe whatever it is that you are running should get included in the
> release, but it doesn't seem to be there now. Unfortunately, this is
> the last test before the release. Kinda late to get this right.

Which is why the driver isn't used by default for anything.  You have to
_know_ about it and _knowningly_ enable it in your config.

maybe adding a warning when turning it on in system-config-display might help?
a popup like "if you are using this driver your computer might explode; you have been warned!"
well not this but something similar (someone who doesn't know what he is doing wouldn't enable it in xorg.conf)

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora