F7T4 -- I tried the Nouveau driver from the LiveCD and hit major problems

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:43:03 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Why do you think the driver will have to be continuously revved in F7 ?

I'm hoping its not, but I can still be concerned, slightly.  If its
included, you'll be under pressure from users to rev updates as
problems are solved.  But if you can convince users to eat from
development for incramental updates... more power to you.

But however you absolutely scale the concern for the potential for
egregious revving, my main thrust is I think that potential is more of
a concern for the userbase at larger than any concern over system
instability caused by allowing users to manually select the driver for
use.

-jef"Surely, the massive size of that driver package validates
blocking the final release until there is a legal binding document in
place that constrains the package maintainers from revving updates too
frequently on pain of death"spaleta