Re: KDE alpha 1 packages for Fedora?

Rex Dieter <rdieter <at> math.unl.edu> writes:
> When the hussle-bussle dies down (after F7 release?), we can work to submit
> these for review in Fedora proper.

Do we really want KDE 4 packaged like that in Fedora 8? May 24 + 6 months =
November 24, that's a month after the planned KDE 4.0 release (October 23).
Thus I suggest upgrading all of KDE to the alphas in Rawhide as soon as
possible after Rawhide opens for F8, with the target of shipping KDE 4.0 in the
release (but if we have to ship an RC, so be it, it has been done more than
once for the kernel, it has been done for OO.o 2 and parts of GNOME too) and
letting KDE 3 be the compat libs, not KDE 4 as in my current packages. Yes,
that will mean a lot of packages will initially have to build against
compat-kdelibs3, but if we do things right, they'll just work on the shiny new
KDE 4 desktop.

This is Fedora, not Debian stable, we have to move forward. Consider that Qt 3
is going to be already EOL when Fedora 8 ships.

        Kevin Kofler