Re: F7T4 - sendmail & sm-client hang at boot

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 08:49 -0500, Jima wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2007, Pat Kane wrote:
> > Just installed F7T4 on my workstation, the sendmail and sm-client hangs
> > (60 sec timeout?) are back.
> > I think I worked around the problem on FC6 by hiding the
> > /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S80sendmail
> > script, that works okay for me since I have no use for sendmail.
> > Is there a better fix?

In my experience this happens when sendmail can't look up your hostname.
The usual way to is to make sure your hostname is listed in /etc/hosts
on the "localhost" line.

For example, on my machine "metroid", /etc/hosts has:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost       metroid

hope that helps.

-w