Proposal ocaml guidelines

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri May 4 09:58:02 UTC 2007

Nigel Jones wrote:
> Sorry to come into the discussion a bit later than expected.
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> The proposal I mailed to the list yesterday is now available here:
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OCaml
>> What's the thinking behind removing *.mli by default?  Even in packages
>> which are well documented, the *.mli files are the definitive reference
>> for programmers.  I think they should always be in the -devel subpackage.
> I replaced it in ocaml-SDL and ocaml-camlimages with ocamldoc generated
> html references, which seems to be pretty much the same as the
> individual mli files.

But I wanna use 'less'!

Seriously, I don't want to fire up a browser just to check an interface.
  Even the text mode browsers have serious UI problems compared to
'less /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/list.mli'.

Is there any reason why *.mli files can't be included in a -devel
package?  I'm not talking about the main library package where it would
add bloat, but in a package which would only need to be installed by
developers.

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) and David
Owens (Ireland)