Re: Proposal ocaml guidelines

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
I also wonder if we want to specify that ocaml programs should be
compiled to native code.

David Allsopp reminded me (in a private email) that byte code and native code programs also differ in functionality. For example, Dynlink is not available to native code - which is the reason why mod_caml is always compiled to bytecode, even though in theory it could be compiled to native code on platforms which support that.

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) and David
Owens (Ireland)