F7 Zope package

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 4 18:12:28 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Richard Hughes schrieb:
>> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 19:48 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Shipping Zope in Fedora 5 and Fedora 6 and excluding it in Fedora 7
>>> just looks so bad to out the outside and created problems for out
>>> users. I'd really would like to avoid that.
>> If a vendor kept patching a driver for kernel 2.4 but refused to port it
>> to kernel 2.6, would we ship a 2.4 kernel just for that one driver?
>> Technically possible but a really bad plan.
>
> Sure, we have to draw the line somewhere.

I agree with this. Zope is a pretty important python application.
Dropping it off the repository just because it does not work with python
2.5 doesn't seem very reasonable.  If a maintainer is willing to take
care of the compatibility package we should let Zope use that or just
use a local copy.

Rahul