Re: KDE user stats

Ahmed Kamal wrote:

openSuse has posted the results of a survey spanning 27,462 users. An
interesting piece of info, was that the number of KDE users was over 71%,
with Gnome around 22%. I'm not trying to start any kind of flame wars, and I know most opensuse users are on that distro for KDE. Still I think we should
use a mechanism to gather desktop environement popularity information for
Fedora. If that survey is any indication, the KDE "spin" or whatever they
call it today, could perhaps use more love.

The KDE spin should get more love regardless. But we should treat these statistics with a bag of salt. If all I cared about was working on the popular stuff, I'd be working for Microsoft.