Networking regression?

Before I file  a bug for this I just want to confirm it is a real bug.

I am an NTL/VirginMedia internet user.

Since FC2 I have been able to connect to the network via dhcp. Since
atleast FC6 (I think also FC5) Network Manager hasdetected the network
automatically.

It is an ethernet connection.

Under Test 4 it is not working. The network settings do have an
adaptor is detected, but it gives some sort of error message. DHCP
does not find the internet. nor does NetworkManager.

I used the default Live CD to test. Also installed it to the HDD with no change,

Is there anything I am missing? What info will I need to give for a
useful bug report?