Re: Why does nautilus create folders in my home directory by default?

Le lundi 07 mai 2007 à 06:01 -0400, Kelly a écrit :
> On Monday, May 07, 2007 5:36 am Ron Yorston wrote:
> > I have to agree with a previous poster:  the system has no business
> > cluttering up my home directory with these intrusive and unnecesary
> > subdirectories.

> Looking at it from another point of view; why is it every time I set up a new
> Linux system I have to recreate certain common folders (Music, Pictures,
> Downloads, Documents, etc.)?

That's a setting replication problem, and having to undo stupid
in-your-face defaults is much more annoying than adding a few
customizations.

The whole default dir stuff seems quite at odds with GNOME's
unobstrusive charm

--
Nicolas Mailhot